To Navigate this site, please click the following links, or enter information into the search bar below:
County, Town & Village Historians and Clerks
Other Important Addresses
County, Town, and Village
Historians and Clerks
Seneca County, NY
A list of the official Seneca County Local Historians, as of 2010, but which we assume they keep current, is provided on the Seneca County NY Govt. website: http://www.co.seneca.ny.us/departments/admin-operations/county-historian/local-historians-in-seneca-county/
Best Practices Pointers and Some Etiquette when writing to historians and clerks:
- Provide a stamped, self addressed envelope for a reply.
- Inquire about copying charges per page or send a small amount of money with your initial request.
- Concisely provide printed (hand-printed or printed-out) names, dates and places of those you're asking about.
- Specifically state the information you need, telling them what you have already so as not to waste their time or your money.
- Do not ask for them to "go to town" in doing your genealogy for you.
- Be patient while waiting for a reply, as they have other duties that take precedence and these things can take time.